Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Quick chicken curry for 422 calories

Tonight's dinner:
I like to make curry from scratch with fresh garlic and ginger and cilantro, but that takes almost an hour, so I don't do it often! I was excited when I found some curry simmer sauce at Costco that fit into the 24daychallenge because it had no dairy or added sugar or other bad stuff (I think it's even vegan). It's super spicy for me, so I only used a half serving of it. 

It took me less than 15 minutes to put together. I cooked some mushrooms, then added the simmer sauce and canned tomatoes. I used frozen pre-cooked chicken strips because I didn't have time to thaw and cut up some raw chicken, it's a good shortcut that gives me no excuses for not having time or energy to make a good meal. I let it simmer for about 10 minutes, just until the chicken was heated through. Then I stirred in some fresh spinach and cooked it for about a minute.  I cook a batch of brown rice once a week and portion it out into single servings, so I already had that ready. This dinner was so easy that it was ok that no one else in my family wanted any, they had leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment