Thursday, January 7, 2016

Calorie counting

Last summer I tried using the MyFitnessPal app for calorie counting, and I gained 10 pounds.  Writing down everything I was eating while I was eating it made me stressed out and fixated on food and I ate more and more.  Then I did the Advocare 24 day challenge last fall, where the focus was more on what to eat and what not to eat rather than calories.  During that I kept portion control in mind, but didn't control it carefully.  I think that was a good way to learn it with less stress.  Now that I'm doing the challenge for the second time, I feel like I can handle calorie counting to get better results.

I have learned that the trick is NOT to put your foods in as you're eating them! I feel way less stressed about it by putting everything I plan to eat at the beginning of the day, and then just follow the plan.  When I'm not making the decision when I'm faced with the food, its so much easier to be good! This way I can check that I will have a good balance of fats proteins and carbohydrates for the day, and know if I will be needing more of something.

So the calorie totals for meals in future posts are all screen shots from MyFitnessPal.  If you get the app and start using it, add me as your friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment