Monday, May 25, 2015

Boot camp

Tomorrow morning is my first day of boot camp. I'm afraid. I'm terrified. I don't have the energy to do laundry. I don't have the strength to stand for over 15 minutes. Why do I think I can do this?

While I was still pregnant, I decided to prevent post-pregnancy weight gain by signing up for this. I knew I'd be very weak to begin with. I wasn't in good shape before getting pregnant, and I was practically on bed rest my entire pregnancy. 

I'm afraid I won't be able to do any of the exercises. I'm afraid I will be too sore to function the rest of the day. I'm afraid I won't even have the energy to get out of the door in the morning to go. And I'm afraid my two kids, that I'm dragging along, won't cooperate with the plan. 

So, instead of getting to bed early so I have more energy, I decided to write down my feelings about this along with my reasons for doing it. Hopefully, this will keep me going tomorrow and in the future when I start questioning if this is a stupid idea. 

1. I like the instructor. Her personality is highly motivating to me. 

2. The peer pressure of this environment is going to push me to keep going. 

3. I need the structure to even get started, on my own I tend to do nothing. 

4. The strength I gain from doing this will make my body hurt less and work better. 

5. This boot camp will provide therapy and healthy eating motivation that I desperately need. 

I really hope this will work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment